A Week of Training
A Week of Training
7 Aug 2026
His truck sat in its spot, hood still warm, angled just enough that he could open the door and swing his legs out without banging his knee on the shelf of paint cans. I stood there in the doorway, the late afternoon sun at my back, my brain taking an extra beat to catch up.
He was home.
Not supposed to be home. Not for another half hour at least. But there the truck was, and there the empty hooks by the door were, his boots already kicked off and lined up neat and waiting.
My heart did something complicated—a flutter and a drop and a twist all at once.
The week had been brutal. The district had rolled out a new mandatory training series on Monday, three straight days of compliance modules and meetings and PowerPoint slides that could have been emails. Everything had to be documented. Everything had to be submitted through a portal that kept crashing. The engineering lab I was supposed to be setting up—the one I'd spent hours designing, the one with the new 3D printers and the laser cutter I'd convinced the principal to fund—sat untouched, the boxes still stacked by the door, waiting.
I'd vented about it all week. At dinner, in bed, in the truck on the way to trivia on Tuesday. He'd listened, nodded, asked the right questions. And all along, he'd been planning this.
I walked into the house and let the door close behind me. I toed off my flats, the tile cool against my bare feet, and rounded the corner into the living room.
There he was.
Sitting on the couch, one arm draped across the back, the other resting on his thigh. His jeans were worn soft at the knees, his flannel shirt rolled to his elbows. He was looking at the door when I came in, waiting for me, and when our eyes met, he smiled.
Not a big smile. A quiet one. The kind that said he'd been thinking about this moment all day.
"Hey, you," he said.
"Hey." My voice came out a little breathless. "You're home early."
"Took the afternoon off." He patted the cushion beside him. "Come sit."
I set my bags down by the stairs. Walked over. Plopped down next to him and curled into his side, my head finding the hollow of his shoulder, my hand landing on his chest. He smelled good. Steady. Home.
His arm came around me, his hand finding my back, rubbing slow circles on my lower back right above my bottom.
"How was your day?" he asked.
"Fine," I said.
The lie came out automatically, smooth and practiced. I'd been saying it all week—to colleagues, to the girls, to anyone who asked. Fine, busy, just a lot of training. The words had worn a groove in my mouth.
His hand kept rubbing. Gentle. Patient. "Lisa."
I pressed my face into his shirt. "It was fine."
"Mm-hmm." His hand drifted lower, tracing the curve of my spine. "And the training?"
"Ridiculous," I muttered. "Hours of modules about things we already know. Documentation requirements that are impossible to meet. They want us to submit so much work paperwork that it takes longer to plan than to teach. I have to log every parent email, and hallway conversations. As if I don't have enough to do just grading papers and actually teaching."
He listened. Let me talk. His hand kept moving, slow and soothing.
"Meanwhile the lab is still in boxes. The 3D printers haven't even been unboxed. The laser cutter is sitting in the hallway because there's no room to set it up. And I'm supposed to care about a spreadsheet that tracks whether I've said 'good morning' to every freshman on my roster."
His hand paused at the small of my back. Then it drifted lower.
Patted my bottom.
Just once. Light. A question.
I stopped mid-sentence.
"I think," he said, his voice low and calm, "it's time for a spanking."
My stomach dropped. Then flip-flopped. Then settled into a warm, buzzing anticipation that made my thighs press together.
"I don't—" I started.
"You do." His hand rested on my bottom, warm and heavy. "You've been tense all week. Snapping at the girls. Staring at your phone at dinner. You woke up three times last night muttering about compliance forms."
"That's not—"
"Lisa." His voice was patient. Kind. "You're my wife. I know when you're lying to me. You've been carrying this all week, and you need to let it go."
The whine came out before I could stop it. High and pleading and ridiculous, like a child who didn't want to go to bed.
"Don't wanna," I mumbled.
"I know you don't." He stroked my hair. "That's why we're doing it anyway."
The whine turned into a pout. I could feel my bottom lip push out, could feel the childish defiance settle into my shoulders. "You can't just decide that."
"I already did." His hand came under my chin, tilting my face up to meet his eyes. "Stand up."
I stood.
My body moved before my brain caught up, the years of this exact routine making my legs obey even as my mouth kept protesting. I stood in front of the couch, my work clothes still on—a gray blouse with a high neck, a pencil skirt that hit just below the knee, tights that made my legs itch.
He looked up at me. "Blouse. Bra."
My fingers found the buttons. Undid them one by one, slow and deliberate, holding his gaze. The fabric slipped off my shoulders, pooling at my elbows before I let it fall to the floor. My bra came next—front clasp, my fingers finding it automatically, the straps sliding down my arms.
I was bare from the waist up. The afternoon light caught the curve of my breasts, the goosebumps prickling my skin.
"Skirt," he said.
The pencil skirt had a side zipper, and I found it without looking, pulled it down, let the fabric fall to my feet. I stepped out of it, leaving it in a heap on the floor.
"Panties."
I hooked my thumbs into the waistband and pushed them down. The pantyhose came with them, a tangled mess of nylon and cotton, and I stepped out of everything, naked from the waist down.
He looked at me. Just looked. His eyes traveling from my face down the length of my body, taking in everything.
"Come here," he said.
He shifted on the couch, making room. I walked to him, and his hands found my waist, guiding me, turning me, pulling me down across his lap.
The position was familiar. The couch cushion pressed against my stomach, my hips raised over his thigh, my feet leaving the ground. My hands found the floor, my palms flat against the hardwood. My bottom—bare, exposed, vulnerable—was positioned exactly where he wanted it.
His hand came to rest on my lower back.
"Deep breath," he said.
I breathed.
The first swat landed.
SMACK.
The sound echoed through the quiet living room, and the pain bloomed sharp and sudden across my right cheek. I gasped, my fingers pressing into the floor.
He let me breathe. Let me adjust. Then his hand came down again.
SMACK.
Left cheek. The sting was different there—spread wider, hotter somehow. I whimpered.
SMACK. SMACK. SMACK.
The rhythm established itself, familiar and relentless. He was methodical, deliberate, his hand covering every inch of my bottom with each swat. The heat built slowly at first, a warm bloom that spread from cheek to cheek. But he kept going. Kept spanking. The heat turned to sting, the sting turned to burn, the burn turned to a fire that made me gasp and squirm and kick my feet.
"Ow," I whimpered. "Ow, that hurts."
"I know." His hand kept falling. "That's the point."
SMACK. SMACK. SMACK.
"You're being mean," I complained.
"I'm being thorough." He spanked lower, right at the crease where my bottom met my thigh. "You've been holding onto this all week. Storing it up. Letting it build. You need this."
SMACK. SMACK. SMACK.
"I don't—" Another swat cut off my protest. "Ow!"
"You do." He paused, his hand resting on my burning skin. "You've been lying to me all week. Telling me everything's fine. Telling yourself everything's fine. But it's not fine, is it?"
I didn't answer.
SMACK.
"Answer me."
"No," I whispered. "It's not fine."
"Good girl." His hand rested on my bottom, letting the heat soak in. "Now tell me about the training."
"It's stupid," I said, my voice thick. "It's so stupid. They want us to document every single interaction. Log every hallway conversation. Every email. Every phone call. As if teaching is just a series of boxes to check."
SMACK.
Sounds like there's more.
"Three hours of modules yesterday about sexual harassment. Three hours. On a day when I had to cancel my prep period to unbox the 3D printers."
SMACK.
"And today they added a new requirement. We have to chart our emotional state at the beginning and end of every class. For the data."
SMACK. SMACK.
"The data," I repeated, my voice rising. "They want to know how I'm feeling so they can make sure I'm doing my job. As if my job is about how I feel instead of what I teach."
SMACK. SMACK. SMACK.
"And—and—" I was warming up now, the words spilling out of me. "And the lab is still in boxes. I haven't even opened the boxes. The laser cutter is sitting in the hallway and the custodians keep moving it and I'm going to have to get the principal involved and he's going to make a thing of it and—"
SMACK.
"And I'm tired," I blubbered. "I'm so tired and I just want to set up my classroom and teach my students and I'm tired of filling out forms and attending meetings and pretending I'm okay when I'm not."
I was crying. When had I started crying? The tears were streaming down my face, dripping onto the hardwood floor beneath me. My voice was cracking, hitching, breaking apart.
"I'm just so tired," I sobbed. "I'm so tired and I don't know how to make it stop."
His hand rested on my bottom. Gentle now. Soothing.
"I know," he said softly. "I know you are."
The spanking resumed. Softer now, but steady. Each swat landing with a rhythm that felt less like punishment and more like release. The heat in my bottom was a constant pulse, but the sharp sting had faded into a deep, spreading burn.
"Let it go," he murmured. "Let it all go."
I cried. And cried. The tears came in waves, shaking my shoulders, wetting the floor beneath my face. The stress of the week, the frustration, the exhaustion—it all poured out of me, draining away with each swat, each sob, each ragged breath.
I didn't know how long he spanked me. Minutes. Maybe longer. My sense of time had dissolved somewhere between the first swat and the moment I stopped trying to count. There was only the rhythm of his hand, the heat in my bottom, the steady presence of his body beneath me.
Finally, he stopped.
His hand rested on my burning skin, warm and heavy. Then he began to rub—slow, soothing circles across the fire, easing the sting, grounding me in the present.
"That's my girl," he murmured. "You did so well."
I was still crying, but the sobs were softer now. Lighter. The kind of tears that came after the storm had passed, washing away the debris and leaving something clean in their wake.
He let me cry. Let me breathe. Then he shifted, pulling me up, gathering me into his arms.
I curled into him, my face pressed against his chest, my body shaking with the last of the tears. His hand stroked my hair. His other arm wrapped around my waist, holding me close.
"I've got you," he murmured into my hair. "I've got you."
"I'm sorry," I whimpered. "I'm sorry I've been so—"
"Don't." His arms tightened. "You have nothing to be sorry for. You just needed to let it go. And you did. That's all that matters."
I pressed my face into his shoulder and let myself be held.
We stayed like that for a long moment. The living room was quiet, the afternoon light slanting through the windows, the dust motes floating in the golden air. The heat in my bottom was a steady, throbbing pulse, but underneath it was something else. Something soft. Something clean.
"Better?" he asked.
I nodded against his chest. "Better."
"Good." He kissed the top of my head. "Now go get cleaned up and dressed. We're going out."
I pulled back, blinking. "We are?"
"Dinner." He smiled. "And then Bible study."
I stared at him. "Bible study?"
"It's Friday."
It was. I'd lost track, but it was. And on Fridays, we went to the small group at the church—a dozen or so couples who gathered in the fellowship hall to study the Word, to pray, to fellowship together.
"Oh," I said. "I forgot."
"I didn't." He smiled. "I made reservations. Well, not reservations. But we're going to Chick-fil-A first."
My stomach growled at the suggestion, and I laughed, the sound watery and raw.
"That sounds perfect," I said.
He kissed my forehead. "Go get ready. We've got an hour."
I slid off his lap, my legs unsteady, my bottom throbbing with every movement. The air was cool against my heated skin, and I stood there for a moment, naked and vulnerable and somehow completely at peace.
Then I padded toward the stairs.
---
The shower was hot and long. I let the water run over my shoulders, over my back, over the fire in my bottom. The heat soothed the sting, eased the ache, and by the time I stepped out, I felt like a new person.
I dressed carefully. Soft underwear—cotton, breathable, nothing that would press too hard against the welts. A simple floral dress, knee-length, with a modest neckline. Flat sandals, because my feet were still tired from the week.
When I came downstairs, he was standing in the kitchen, keys in hand.
"You look beautiful," he said.
"Liar." But I smiled.
He crossed the room and kissed me, soft and lingering. His hand found my bottom, pressing gently, and I winced.
"Sorry," he murmured.
"It's okay." I leaned into him. "It feels good. It all feels good."
He smiled. "Ready?"
"Ready."
---
Chick-fil-A was busy. The line snaked through the dining room, families and teenagers and tired-looking adults filling the booths. I stood beside him in line, my hand in his, my bottom a warm, grounding presence every time I shifted my weight.
When we reached the counter, he ordered for us. A grilled chicken sandwich for himself, extra pickles. And for me, the grilled chicken salad, light dressing on the side.
"Anything to drink?" the cashier asked.
"Sweet tea," he said. "and a water."
We found a table by the window. The sun was setting, painting the sky in shades of orange and pink, and the last of the evening light caught the condensation on my cup.
I took a bite of the salad. Fresh greens, grilled chicken, strawberries still cool from refrigeration. It tasted like everything I needed.
"Thank you," I said.
He looked up from his sandwich. "For what?"
"For this." I gestured vaguely, encompassing the food, the evening, the spanking, everything. "For taking care of me."
His hand reached across the table. Found mine. Squeezed.
"Always," he said.
Single Guy
ReplyDeleteFollow up question.
How does your husband help you deal with stress and build up frustrations? It would be an interesting feed back, Then say to wives, tell your husband to spank it out of you? Just watch the body and face responses. lol
Pantyhose ! Women still wear pantyhose?
Hubby helps me deal with stress a lot of different ways. We go on runs, We pray together, we listen to music, we meditate, he also spanks me. Which is kind of the purpose of this blog. And you are right. I do not know why I wrote pantyhose. I should have said tights. I remember my mom calling them all pantyhose. (changed it)
DeleteI have a tough time asking for a spanking. So he has to initiate it.
Single Guy
DeleteShock Bible study ladies, by saying, your husband is past due for spanking you.
A spanking can be a very therapeutic for a woman and Chick-fil-A is always a good choice, lol! Peter555Smith
ReplyDelete