Day 2 of 3 Spankings for Keeping Secrets
Day 2 of 3 Spankings for Keeping Secrets
Tuesday. I'm writing this Saturday morning, at my desk in the office. He knows I'm writing now. He told me I could, as long as I showed him when I was done.
But I need to process Tuesday before I can hand it over.
The morning came early. Not rooster-early, but early enough that the sky was still that pale, washed-out gray that happens just before the sun clears the treeline. His alarm went off at 5:30, and I felt him shift beside me, the mattress dipping as he swung his legs over the side.
My hand found his wrist before he could stand.
"Stay," I mumbled, my voice thick with sleep. "Just a minute."
He paused. His hand came back to rest on my hip, warm and heavy through the sheet. "We've got animals to feed."
"I know."
But I didn't let go. The belt marks from the day before were still tender, a dull ache that pulsed when I moved. Twelve strokes. I could feel each one when I rolled onto my back, when I shifted my weight, when I thought about what was coming tonight.
He let me have my minute. Then he kissed my forehead and stood.
"Come on. Chores don't do themselves."
The barn was already warm that morning, the kind of warm that shows you that midday is going to be a scorcher. The donkey brayed the moment he saw us, his demand for breakfast echoing off the rafters. The cows were patient, waiting at the fence with gentle moos as we approached. The chickens were less patient, clucking and pecking at the coop door until I swung it open and they spilled out into the yard.
We worked in comfortable silence. He hauled hay while I measured grain. I collected eggs while he checked the water troughs. The sun climbed higher, and every minute felt it was a degree hotter than the minute before, and by the time we finished, my forehead glistened with sweat and my cheeks were flushed.
"Shower?" I asked, falling into step beside him.
"Quick one. I've got a meeting at eight."
The kitchen was warm when we stepped inside, the remnants of last night's heat still hanging in the air. He went straight for the blender—banana, protein powder, almond milk, a scoop of peanut butter. The blades whirred, loud in the quiet house.
I watched him drink it standing at the counter, his throat moving as he swallowed. He was already dressed for work—slacks, a blue tie contrasting his white shirt. His hair was still damp from the shower, curling slightly at the ends.
"You're staring," he said, setting the glass down.
"I'm admiring."
"It's a protein shake."
"Not the shake."
He crossed the kitchen in three strides and kissed me—quick, firm, a punctuation mark. Something I needed so much. I don’t know if he knows that the kiss told me that we will be okay. "I'll be home by five. Have the pork chops ready."
"Pork chops?"
"There's two in the freezer. I checked yesterday."
I nodded. "Anything else?"
His hand found my bottom, cupping it through my overalls. The pressure made me wince, the belt marks still fresh beneath the denim. "Just be ready."
He kissed me again, then grabbed his lunch bag and was out the door. The truck started, gravel crunching under the tires, and then the house was quiet.
I stood in the kitchen for a long moment, my hand pressed to the spot he'd touched. The ache was a reminder. A promise.
The day stretched out before me. It was weird not leaving for work before him. I work an hour away and he works less than 10 min away. But the benefit of being a teacher is the summers.
I started with the kitchen. The breakfast dishes went into the sink, the blender rinsed and set in the drying rack. I wiped down the counters, scrubbed the stovetop, swept the floor until the tile gleamed. The sun was fully up now, streaming through the windows, and I could see the dust motes floating in the air—dust I'd missed yesterday, dust that had settled on the picture frames and the top of the refrigerator.
I tackled the living room next. The hardwood floors needed mopping—I could see the faint footprints from yesterday's chores, the dirt tracked in from the barn. I filled the bucket with warm water and vinegar, the smell sharp and clean, and worked my way across the room in careful strips. The baseboards got a wipe-down. The coffee table got a polish. The throw pillows got fluffed and arranged.
The dusting took longer than I expected. There were surfaces I'd been ignoring for weeks—the top of the bookshelf, the slats of the shutters, the frames of the family photos on the wall. I worked methodically, a damp cloth in one hand, my phone playing a podcast in the other. The guests from last week had left their mark, and I found myself wiping away tiny fingerprints from the 18-month-old, a crust of something sticky on the arm of the couch.
By the time the house was clean, it was almost eleven.
I changed out of my cleaning clothes—an old t-shirt and yoga pants—and pulled on my garden overalls. The sun was high now, warm on my shoulders, and the garden was waiting.
The raised beds were a mess. The tomatoes were still producing, but the lower branches had yellowed, and a few of the fruits had split from the recent rain. I pulled the damaged ones and tossed them into the compost bucket. The blackberry canes were past their prime, the remaining berries small and tart. I left them for the birds.
The cucumbers were the real story.
The vines had gone wild in the warm weather, sending tendrils across the path and up the fence. Hidden beneath the broad leaves were cucumbers of every size—some no bigger than my thumb, others thick and dark green, ready to be picked. I filled my basket twice, the weight of them pulling at my arm.
I carried the first basket to the house and set it on the counter. Twelve cucumbers, all perfectly ripe. There was no way we could eat them all.
I texted the neighbors.
Hey, I've got more cucumbers than I know what to do with. Want some?
Linda replied within minutes. Absolutely! I'll send hubby over later.
The second basket went to the Murphys on the other side. Maggie answered the door in her gardening gloves, and I handed her the cucumbers with a laugh. "They're multiplying," I said. "I swear they're plotting something."
"Pickles," she said, hefting the bag. "These are going to be pickles by tomorrow night."
"Show me your recipe?"
She grinned. "Come over Saturday."
I walked home with a lighter basket and a full heart. The house was clean. The garden was picked. The pork chops were in the fridge, thawing in a bowl of cold water.
I made myself lunch—a chicken breast I'd cooked the day before, sliced thin and laid over a bed of fresh cucumber slices, drizzled with a simple vinaigrette. I ate at the kitchen table, the windows open, a breeze drifting through the screen. The house was quiet. Peaceful.
After lunch, I reached for my Bible.
It sat on the end table in the living room, the leather cover worn soft from years of use. I opened it to the Psalms, the pages falling open to Psalm 46—the one about being still and knowing. I'd read it a hundred times, but today the words felt different.
Be still, and know that I am God.
I closed my eyes. The afternoon light was warm on my face. The house was clean and quiet. My bottom still ached from Monday, a low, steady pulse that grounded me in my body.
Be still.
I read for an hour. Let the words wash over me. I found myself in the verses about discipline and love, about the refining fire, about the peace that passes understanding. I didn't have answers about why I needed what I needed, or why the belt and the brush brought me closer to the man I loved. But I knew, in that quiet afternoon light, that I was exactly where I was supposed to be.
At four o'clock, I closed the Bible and started dinner.
The pork chops went into a cast iron skillet with butter and rosemary, the smell filling the kitchen as they browned. I sliced the last of the garden cucumbers into a salad, tossed with olive oil and lemon juice and a pinch of salt. The potatoes I'd boiled earlier went into the oven to crisp up, tossed in garlic and herbs.
By 4:45, the table was set. The pork chops were resting under foil. The salad was dressed. The potatoes were golden and crisp.
At 5:10, I heard the truck pull into the garage.
I met him in the mudroom. He looked tired—the kind of tired that came from a long day of meetings and decisions and the weight of responsibility. But his eyes found mine, and something in his face softened.
"Smells good."
"Pork chops. Rosemary potatoes. Cucumber salad."
"From the garden?"
"From the garden."
Stepped inside, his hand finding the small of my back. His fingers pressed into the spot just above my tailbone, and I felt my body respond—a shiver, a quickening of breath.
"The spanking," he said quietly. "I want to get it over with. And then dinner."
I nodded. My mouth was dry.
"Go upstairs. Strip. Position yourself over the pillows."
I went.
The stairs felt longer than usual. Each step was a countdown, a heartbeat, a breath. The bedroom was dim, the curtains still drawn from the morning. I pulled back the duvet and arranged the pillows the way he'd taught me—two of them, stacked at the center of the mattress, forming a slope.
My fingers found the hem of my shirt. I pulled it over my head. The overalls came next, then my bra, then my panties. I stood naked in the quiet room, the afternoon light filtering through the curtains, casting long shadows across the floor.
I climbed onto the bed. Positioned myself with my waist over the pillows, my hips lifted, my back arched. My face turned to the side, cheek pressed against the cool sheet. My hands gripped the fabric on either side of my head.
The wait was the hardest part.
Seconds stretched into minutes. I heard him moving downstairs—the clink of a glass, the opening of the refrigerator. He was taking his time. Letting me wait. Letting the anticipation build.
When his footsteps finally sounded on the stairs, my heart was pounding so hard I could feel it in my throat.
He walked into the bedroom and stopped beside the bed. I didn't turn my head to look at him. I kept my eyes on the wall, my breathing shallow, my body trembling.
"You've been good today," he said. His voice was calm. Measured. "I know you have. The house is clean. The garden is picked. Dinner smells incredible."
I said nothing.
"But what happened last week—the secrets, the hiding, the year of silence—that doesn't get erased by one day of good behavior." He paused. "Do you understand?"
"Yes sir." The word came out as a whisper.
"Good."
I heard him unbuckle his belt. The sound of leather sliding through denim loops. The soft thud as he folded it in half.
"Eighteen strokes. Same pattern as yesterday. You don't need to count. I want you to focus on staying in place."
I nodded into the pillow.
The first stroke landed across the center of my bottom.
The pain was immediate and total—a line of fire that seemed to split me in half. I gasped, my fingers curling into the sheets, my legs kicking reflexively. But I stayed in place. The pillows held me steady.
He moved to the other side. The second stroke landed parallel to the first, an inch below.
I screamed. The sound tore out of me before I could stop it, raw and involuntary.
He moved back to the left. The third stroke landed an inch above the first.
"Stay," he said. Just that. Just the word.
I stayed.
The rhythm continued. Left, right, left, right. Each stroke landed with precision, with purpose, with the weight of everything I'd hidden and everything I'd promised. The belt found every inch of my bottom, laying stripe after stripe across the canvas of my skin.
I stopped trying to count. Stopped trying to anticipate. There was only the fire, and the rhythm, and the steady pressure of his presence behind me.
By the tenth stroke, I was sobbing.
Not the quiet tears of Monday, but the full-body sobs that shook my whole frame. I was crying into the pillow, my voice hoarse from screaming, my legs kicking against the mattress. The belt marks from Monday were still there, still tender, and the new stripes landed directly across them, layering fresh fire on top of old.
"S-stay," I choked out. "I'm staying."
"I know you are." His voice was steady. "You're doing so well."
The eleventh stroke landed. The twelfth. The thirteenth.
I was beyond words now. Beyond thought. There was only the burning, and the sobbing, and the distant awareness that I was still in place, still holding position, still surrendering to the fire.
The fourteenth stroke was the hardest. It landed low, right at the crease where my bottom met my thigh, and I screamed so loud I thought my throat would tear.
"Almost there," he said. "Four more."
The fifteenth. The sixteenth.
I was shaking so hard I could barely breathe. The tears had soaked through the pillowcase, leaving a dark stain on the fabric below. My legs were trembling, my arms were weak, my entire body was a single, pulsing nerve of fire.
The seventeenth stroke landed across the center, directly over the first.
"One more." His voice was softer now. "Last one. Deep breath."
I sucked in air, ragged and wet.
The eighteenth stroke landed.
It was the hardest of all. A perfect line of fire that seemed to travel from the crown of my head to the soles of my feet. I heard myself scream, felt myself buck against the pillows, felt the tears streaming down my face.
And then it was over.
The belt clattered to the floor.
His hands found my shoulders, turning me gently, gathering me into his arms. I collapsed against his chest, my body shaking, my face wet, my breath coming in ragged gasps. He held me tight, his hand stroking my hair, his voice a low murmur against my ear.
"I've got you. You did so well. You stayed. You took it all. I'm so proud of you."
The words washed over me like warm water. I pressed my face into his shirt, feeling the fabric grow damp with my tears, feeling his heart beating steady and strong beneath my cheek.
"Good girl," he murmured. "My good girl."
We stayed like that for a long time. Minutes. Maybe longer. I lost track. There was only the warmth of his arms, the steady rhythm of his breathing, the slow fade of the fire in my bottom from blinding heat to a deep, grounding ache.
Eventually, he helped me sit up. My legs were unsteady. My bottom screamed with every movement. But I was calm. The crying had stopped, and in its place was a quiet, profound peace.
"Shower?" he asked.
"After dinner." My voice was hoarse. "I want to eat while it's hot."
He smiled—a real smile, warm and tired and full of love. "Okay. Let's go eat."
Dinner was everything I'd hoped it would be.
The pork chops were tender, the rosemary infused through every bite. The potatoes were crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside. The cucumber salad was bright and fresh, the perfect counterpoint to the richness of the meat.
I sat on a pillow. Not because he told me to, but because I had to. The chair was hard, and my bottom was a landscape of fire and welts. Every time I shifted, I felt the stripes pull and stretch, a constant reminder of what had happened upstairs.
He noticed. Of course he noticed.
"Uncomfortable?" he asked, reaching across the table to take my hand.
"Sore," I corrected. "Not uncomfortable. Sore."
"There's a difference?"
I considered the question. "Uncomfortable is bad. Sore is... grounding."
He squeezed my hand. "Good."
We ate in comfortable silence. The conversation was light—how his day had gone, what the neighbors had said about the cucumbers, whether the girls would be home before curfew on Friday. Normal things. The kind of conversation that filled a quiet Tuesday evening.
But underneath the normalcy was something else. A current. A connection. The knowledge that we'd done something hard together, and we'd come through it stronger.
After dinner, he cleared the table while I put the leftovers away. He washed the dishes; I dried them. We moved around each other with the ease of over 20 years of practice, our bodies finding the rhythm without conscious thought.
"You should shower," he said, hanging the dishtowel on the rack. "I'll finish up here."
I didn't argue. The shower was hot, the water cascading over my shoulders and down my back. I washed carefully, avoiding direct pressure on my bottom, but letting the water run over the welts. The heat felt good against the fire.
When I came out, wrapped in a towel, he was sitting on the edge of the bed.
"Come here."
I walked to him. He pulled me gently into his lap, careful of my bottom, and wrapped his arms around my waist.
"I love you," he said. His voice was quiet. Serious. "I know this week has been hard. I know the belt has been hard. But I need you to know that I don't do this because I'm angry. I do it because I love you. Because I want you to feel clean. Because I want you to know that you're mine, and that I will always, always catch you when you fall."
The tears came again, but they were different this time. Softer. Lighter.
"I know," I whispered. "I know."
He kissed me. Soft and slow and full of everything we didn't need to say.
"Come to bed," he said. "It's been a long day."
I climbed under the covers, lying on my stomach, the sheets cool against my heated skin. He turned off the light and slid in beside me, his hand finding mine in the darkness.
"Goodnight, Lisa."
"Goodnight."
I lay awake for a long time, feeling the pulse of the welts against the sheets. Eighteen strokes. One for every year I'd hidden, and a dozen for the shame that made me hide.
But underneath the fire was something steadier. Something that felt like foundation.
He was right. We weren't done. The blogs were still out there, the journal still on the counter, the conversation still unfinished. But we were moving forward. Together.
And for now, that was enough.
Lisa, I'm confused 18 years? You hid writing for 18 years? Not judging just confused. Wondering
ReplyDeleteNo I hid writing from him for about 2 years maybe three. Where did it say I hid it from him for 18 years?
DeleteOh maybe I misread, sorry. I thought it said one stroke for every year. Sorry. And being so old I was like how many years was the internet around ha ha.
Deleteoh no worries. Thanks for checking
Delete